There are 48 teaching weeks for any given day of the week (e.g. 48 Mondays, 48 Tuesdays etc.). There will be no instruction during the following school-wide breaks:
- Thanksgiving: Nov 21-27
- Christmas/New Year: Dec 22-Jan 2
- Spring Break: April 9-15
- Independence Day: July 3-5
- Summer (2023) June 12th – Aug 13th
- Fall (2023) Aug 14th – Dec 22nd
- Spring (2024) Jan 4th – June 9th
- All makeup lessons are to be taken within the semester during which the absence took place. There will be no “rolling over” of makeup lessons.
- Students are allowed to schedule TWO make up lessons within each semester. The PPS calendar consist of THREE semesters per year; Summer (2023) June 12th – Aug 13th, Fall (2023) Aug 14th – Dec 22nd, Spring (2024) Jan 4th – June 9th
- For a makeup class to be scheduled, more than 24 hours’ notice must be given unless it is an emergency (e.g. sickness or accidents etc)
- There are no additional makeups given for theory and group classes
Enrollment & Withdrawal Policy
- Enrollment can be completed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents will need to complete the enrollment online after an account is set up for the student/family. Parents/Guardians will need to agree to the school policies and set up payment online.
- Time slots cannot be reserved and guaranteed until the full enrollment process is completed.
- Before a withdrawal from private lessons, the family and student must first communicate with their primary instructor and the PPS music director to discuss modification to lessons or curriculum depending on the issue. If a Student still wishes to withdraw, the Family must notify the School in writing via email (email@example.com) at least 30 days prior to stopping lessons. If the Student does not provide 30-day advance notice, PPS will issue a final invoice for 30 days prorated tuition to the family’s account from the date notice was given.
- A Student’s spot in a studio will be forfeited if three or more lessons are missed. See makeup policy above.
No registration fee
A late fee of $25 will be charged to the account for any tuition payments made after the 7th of the month.
- Theory Tuition is charged at the beginning of the semester in Fall (August), Spring (January), and Summer (June). Theory charges are non-refundable.
- Theory class attendance is mandatory for students enrolled in MTAC Certificate of Merit Exam (CM Test) and as are theory classes for the Fall and Spring semesters (30 weeks of theory classes). Theory class attendance is highly encouraged for all other students for improvement of aural and general musicianship skills.
AP Music Theory Classes
- AP Music Theory classes will be given twice per week from the Fall semester to the exam date (early May). AP Music Theory classes are charged monthly.
Prospective students are encouraged to take a trial lesson with their desired teacher. Trial lessons are 30 minutes long and $30.
- $20 per month family/sibling credit
- $20 monthly credit for students taking two or more instrumental lessons per week
Private lessons – Advanced Teachers rates
- 30 min – $225
- 45 min – $315
- 60 min- $400
Private lessons – Master Teachers rates
- 30 min – $260
- 45 min – $350
- 60 min – $440
Music Theory Classes
Theory classes are billed semesterly and are non-refundable
- Fall – $450 (15 weeks)
- Spring – $450 (15 weeks)
- Summer – $240 (8 weeks)
AP Music Theory classes
$40 per class