The Gift of Music Enriches our Lives!
Welcome to The Music Connection, Chicagoland’s premiere Conservatory of Art and Music. Over the last two decades, we’ve worked tirelessly to help countless students find and connect to their passions.
We’ve brought youngsters joy through song and art. Our high school seniors have auditioned into some of the finest musical institutions in the country. Our adult students enjoy the joy and challenges of learning a new instrument or keeping up their ‘chops.’ Above all else, we strive to bring our students the finest education in a uniquely supportive and nurturing environment.
The Music Connection’s teachers come from all over the world and are accomplished educators and performers. This means that they can teach their students in the most effective manner and have the real world experience needed to help students sustain success beyond their time at The Music Connection. You can see them perform amongst many of the finest ensembles in the country; the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Opera Chicago, Chicago Chamber Orchestra, Illinois Philharmonic, Nashville Chamber Orchestra, Chicago Sinfonietta, and many chamber groups, touring rock bands and jazz groups.
During the Covid-19 outbreak, our school didn’t skip a beat. We had been developing a virtual infrastructure for years and when the time came, we were ready to continue providing the finest music education possible. Students continue to enjoy virtual classes and lessons with their favorite teachers.
Here’s Why The Music Connection is the Right Choice!
- Highly qualified, degreed, regularly performing teachers
- Certified Suzuki teachers for young students playing string and piano instruments
- Choice of teachers to fit your child’s personality, learning style and level of instrument playing
- Beginning to advanced students; from 3 years old to adults.
- Ability to schedule private lessons for 2 or more family members at the same time, avoiding hours of waiting and driving to different lesson providers
- Student and faculty recitals several times a year for family and friends to enjoy.
- Preparation for music competitions, auditions, school concerts, and musical theater
- Office staff available to assist you with scheduling and any other questions
- Lessons offered in Orchestral, Band, and Rock Instruments
If you are interested in music lessons for you or a family member, reach out to The Music Connection and see how we can help you!
About the Director:
Janet Kuester is the Director of The Music Connection, providing outstanding leadership and artistic development for all of The Music Connection’s programs and events.
Mrs. Kuester brings experience and quality to The Music Connection as a distinguished faculty member. She has taught violin and piano for more than 40 years and is a member of the Chicago Federation of Musicians, Suzuki Association of the Americas and the National Guild of Piano Teachers.
Mrs. Kuester received her music degree from De Paul University and is a certified Suzuki piano and violin teacher. She has performed with the Lake Forest Symphony, Schubert Woods String Quartet, and the Waukegan, DePaul, Chicago Civic, Chicago Heights, Kankakee and Illinois Philharmonic Orchestras.
Mrs. Kuester’s goals as Director are to mentor and encourage all teachers, students, and parents; while providing a learning environment rich in encouragement and positive motivation that facilitates the joy of music and development of each individual’s music ability.
Janet Kuester is available for speaking engagements. Topics include but are not limited to:
The importance of music to our communities.
Does my child have talent?
Developing a culture of music education in the home.
Please Contact Janet for availability and discussion topics.