About Lars Ebsworth
Lars Ebsworth (ze/zir/zirs or he/him/his pronouns) is a performer, producer, and teacher of voice and piano. Lars holds a BA in Musical Theatre and Theatre (with a double-minor in Music and Dance) from North Central College.
Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, Lars grew up sinking his teeth into every performance opportunity available. He started dance at 4, which grew a steady streak in dance theatre from ages 8 and beyond. In addition, Lars also dedicated years to the competitive choir circuit and studying opera during voice lessons.
Since graduating, Lars has successfully worked in Chicago as a performer, producer and teacher.
Performance highlights include:
- The Tumblr-famous Chicago trial of ALBERT CASHIER the Musical (Nurse Smith (replacement), Jane, Young Al u/s, Old Al u/s)
- The world premiere of I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change Goes LGBTQ with Chicago Theatre Workshop.
- Producer credits include Trans Voices Cabaret CHI (which Lars served as lead producer for their Steppenwolf 1700 space production)
- Chicago Theatre Access Auditions
- The world premiere of The Ghosts of White Chapel at Prop Thtr’s 2020 Rhinofest.
- Lars was also named one of “30 under Thirty” by the Windy City Times in 2019.
Lars relies heavily on the correct production of breathing, speech, and sound. He believes in following healthy practices in order to provide a long-lasting career in the arts. As a piano teacher, he strives to create rhythm-conscious muscle memory in the most fun way possible. Lars works on creating musicians, not just singers, so expect to learn how to take your craft to the next level of artistry while having a lot of fun!
Lars has recently come back to the suburbs to pursue a MA in Speech-Language Pathology from Northern Illinois University, and is thrilled to be doing so while teaching at Musical Expressions.
In his spare time, Lars enjoys spending time with his rescue dog, a lhasa apso-mix, Sir Aaron Carter.