About Augustine Melecio
Educated at the Merit Music Conservatory, Sherwood Music Conservatory and Boise State University-Music Education, Chicago-based Trumpeter Augustine “Tino” Melecio began his extensive career in the Gallery 37 Latin Big Band in 1993 where he performed trumpet, vocals and keys, and acted as an arranger for the band.
Following a successful 3 years in the band and becoming a freelance musician in 1995, Melecio began a post as educator for Vallivue High School Summer Band Camps; a position he enjoyed until 1999 when he moved on to become Musical Director of The Club, acting as arranger and performer on keys and vocals.
Since this, Melecio has enjoyed a variety of positions for a number of renowned bands and orchestras, including:
- Opportunities For All/CPS/North Berwyn/Summit-Argo (Teaching Artist/Assistant Director)
- Second Hand Soul Band (keys, vocals, music director)
- Mannix Martinez Orchestra (music director, trumpet, vocals)
- Orquesta Sabor Latino (keys, trumpet; music director, arranger)
- Tino Melecio & the Swing Factor (band leader, composer, trumpet, vocals, part-time keys)
Since 1997, Melecio has also been a Private Instructor, specialising in the trumpet.
Melecio also holds a wealth of orchestral experience as Trumpeter for many well-respected orchestras, including:
- Protégé Philharmonic
- Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Boise State University Orchestra (principle)
- Lakeview Orchestra
- Symphony of Oak Park River Forest
And as a Soloist and Ensemble trumpet at various churches.
Notably, during his distinguished education and career, Melecio has studied with such respected musicians and academics as Dr. Mark Ponzo, David Spencer, Michael McGlaflin, Bobby Lewis, Orbert Davis and Marcellus Brown.