If you’re stuck inside, running out of ways to keep your kids entertained during the Coronavirus pandemic, you’re not alone. Between figuring out homeschool and trying to find new ways to keep everyone occupied, you may be wondering when will this ever end?!
Unfortunately, we don’t have the answer to that question, but the LOTG team has come up with a list of 25 activities that the whole family will enjoy.
It’s important to remember that if your child is old enough, chances are they will remember this experience for the rest of their lives. Why not help turn a difficult time into a positive memory?
Right now the name of the game is creativity and we’ve created a list of 25 ideas that are sure to help spark your inspiration.
Check out the list below and enjoy!
25 Activities to Do with Your Kids During Quarantine
- Kids Yoga-Check out Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube. They have TONS of videos that are themed and a lot of fun for the kiddos.
- Smartphone games for the whole family. Check out The Best Smartphone Games to Play for Your Family from Techradar for some great ideas.
- Bike ride through the neighborhood.
- Make smores over the grill.
- Do a total room makeover for/with your kids.
- If you have house paint lying around, paint a wall together as a family.
- Make sock puppets-no hot glue needed!
- Make a blanket fort in your living room that you can play games as a family in as well as watch movies together. Resource: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Blanket-Fort
- Turn your living room into a standup comedy stage and take turns telling jokes.
- Learn a new language online.
- Write a song as a family.
- Turn your backyard into a campground and go camping.
- Make and race your own paper airplanes. Here’s a great video that will show you how!
- Take online music lessons and learn how to play an instrument.
- Create an original story/book where each member of the family is a character.
- Plan a future family dream vacation. This will keep your family looking ahead and give them something to look forward to.
- Have a pillow fight.
- Plan and cook a meal together as a family.
- Come up with a new animal and draw what it would look like.
- Play charades.
- Have a thumb wrestling championship.
- Make a paper sailboat and watch it float in the bathtub or pool. If you’re a horror movie fan, you can name it the S.S. Georgie! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3QZpBL8-Tg
- Have a DIY spa day for the whole family, including manis and pedis.
- Brainstorm and plan a business together.
- Make a rubber band guitar. Check out a tutorial here.