Billing and Cancellation Policies
Billing and Payment
Our private lesson billing is by semester. You may start or stop lessons at any time. If you begin lessons after the start of a semester, or discontinue lessons before the end of a semester, your bill is pro-rated accordingly.
We offer two payment options for private lessons.
- Payment made in full before the start of the semester by cash, check, or credit card.
- Each month your credit card on file will be billed for the number of lessons scheduled for that month.
Cancelling/rescheduling private lessons
Students are expected to attend all lessons and classes for which they are registered. Notification of a lesson cancellation by the student is a courtesy to the teacher but does not excuse payment for the lesson. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will not be made up.
Lessons cancelled with more than 24 hours notice are eligible to be made up, however make up lessons can only be scheduled within the limits of your instructor’s availability and are not guaranteed. Make up lessons must be scheduled within two weeks of the original appointment, and must occur within the semester in which the original appointment was scheduled.
Lesson cancellations for religious observance are allowed. We prefer that you let us know of any religious conflicts with your lesson schedule at the point of registration, so that we can remove those lesson dates from our schedule and your bill. Otherwise, lessons cancelled for religious observance with at least 24 hours notice will be refunded.
To contact us about cancelling or rescheduling an appointment please call us at 847 205 4689, or email email@example.com.
Discontinuing private lessons
If for any reason you wish to discontinue lessons you may do so at any time. To discontinue lessons you must either call the office at 847 205 4689, or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your request we will adjust your account, deleting any remaining lesson for the semester from your invoice with the exception of any lessons canceled with less than 24 hours notice. You will receive a full refund for any pre-paid lessons that you will not be taking. Please note; a $50 registration fee will be applied to lessons resumed within 6 months of discontinuing lessons.
Group lesson billing (for Yamaha Class policies click here)
For group lessons each billing period is generally 8 weeks. Invoices for tuition will be sent by e-mail. Payment must be made in full prior to the start of each session.
Group lesson cancellation policies:
- Students may withdraw from class up to 24 hours prior to the first class meeting with a full refund. No refunds for withdrawing from class will be offered beyond that point.
- In the case of a student cancelling or failing to attend a class, with or without advance notice, no refunds, rescheduling, or make-up classes will be offered.
- If the school or the instructor has to cancel a class, a make-up class will be scheduled. If a student does not accept the make-up class the student will be sent a refund for that class. If the student does accept the make-up class, but then cancels or fails to attend the make-up class, no refund will be issued.
Summer Private Lessons
Students who choose to take private lessons over the summer may register for lessons on the weeks they are available for lessons, with no minimum number of lessons required. Students who take at least five lessons over the summer will be able to take advantage of early registration for the following fall session. Once the summer session starts, the same rules on cancellations apply as during the academic year.