Every year, we all make resolutions to improve our lives and well-being. Your resolutions may include eating right, exercising more, or being more productive at work or school. Those are all good ideas, but why not add some changes in how you approach music. These are some music resolutions for the New Year.
- Take Up A New Instrument. The beginning of the year is a great time to begin learning a new instrument. If you’ve always wanted to play guitar or make use of the piano sitting in your living room, music lessons can help you learn the basics and start your journey toward being a skilled musician.
- Practice Every Day. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been playing an instrument for years, the best way to hone your skills is by practicing. You’ll learn useful muscle memory and keep your mind sharp when it comes to the music you’re playing. If you’re a singer, keeping your vocal chords strong with practice is also very important.
- Use Music to Get Motivated. Music can be a powerful motivator. Listen to your favorite kind of music while exercising or writing a paper for school to stay excited and power through whatever you’re doing. If the music you play or sing gets you inspired, try listening to that.
- Don’t Just Dream About Performing – Do It. If you’re practicing in front of your mirror dreaming about being in front of a real audience, go out and do it. Few things are as exhilarating as performing, so make that dream a reality. Find cabaret shows, talent shows, and showcases in your area, or see if your music school offers recitals. At Grace Music School, we give our students plenty of opportunities to perform for audiences.
- Go to the Musical Event You Want to See. Is there a musical or festival you’re dying to see? Go for it! Events like these are a great chance to experience new music and spend time with friends and family. So go let loose at a country concert or be amazed by a new Broadway musical. You’ll be glad you did.
Investing in a musical experience is an amazing way to start off your new year. In 2018, let Grace Music School help you or your child discover the joy of music with private instrument and voice lessons in our Fort Salonga and Melville locations.
For more information about Grace Music School, call 631-239-6169 (Fort Salonga) or 631-470-9705 (Melville).